Day 25: Place your ipod on shuffle and share the first 10 songs:
Oh boy, this could get hairy. I have two things to preface this with.
1. I like a lot of songs that I wouldn’t necessarily admit to just anyone
2. My ipod is my old iphone, when I got the 3g (yes I am lame and don’t have the 4) the operating system on my Mac didn’t doesn’t have the latest operating system to be compatible with i-tunes (and I haven’t spent the money to take care of that)…so what I am trying to say is my i-pod hasn’t been synced with anything in nearly a year so don’t expect any new songs!
Here we go….
1. Britney Spears , “Gimme more”
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers, “Love Roller coaster”
3. Shop Boyz- “Party like a Rock star”
4. Carrie Underwood- “Wasted”
5. Beastie Boys, “Brass Monkey”
6. Fergie “Clumsy”
7. Metro Station “Shake it”
8. Nine Inch Nails “The Perfect Drug”
9. Rascal Flats “Me and My Gang”
10. Fleetwood Mac, “Tusk”
Oh my! I love the songs that popped up, they are all so perfect and fitting! I LOVE that Britney was first. I LOVE her in a way that not many do (except maybe Kelli Rasberry, who I also love).
Love Roller coaster…tell me about it, that’s a great way to sum up the past 5 years- let’s hope the roller coaster part is over
Party Like A Rock star- Love the song, love to have fun and attempt to party like a rock star, love it
Wasted- A lot of Carrie’s songs seem to speak to me and my life and this one has always struck a chord with me. I like the way she talks about wasted in more than one way (wasting your life away, being wasted, etc.). I think my time working in a rehab also makes this song stick with me—the whole wasted thing…
I am beyond thrilled the Beastie Boys made the list. I have loved them since I was 14 and in the 9th grade, I have pretty much everyone of their cds! This is a good song to shake it on the dance floor to!
Fergie…I know a lot of people don’t like her, but I do and love the Black Eyed Peas (call me lame, I don’t care). This song is about being all happy in love. It’s upbeat and I downloaded right after Josh and I moved in together…so I associate it with a happy time
Ah, Metro Station. Have you see Trace Cyrus? He is Miley’s brother and the lead singer of this band. He is all tatted up, which if you know me- you know that I (for a reason even I do not understand) love that. I think the lyrics to this song are less than savory, but I like the chorus and it’s a good song to dance to or on a drive.
Nine Inch Nails, takes me back to my middle school days when EVERYONE was into them. I wasn’t such a fan of them back then, but in high school and my early 20’s I fell in love with Trent Resnor and have SEVERAL Nine Inch Nails songs on my I-pod, this is not my favorite song of theirs but I think if this list is in some way supposed to reflect my life or if we are saying these songs popped up for some “reason,” than I think this was a good one.
I hate Rascal Flats, I mean I HATE everything about that band. This song is ok, which I suppose is why I downloaded it. I like any song that can be an anthem of sorts and this is a good song to hear when you are out with “your gang.” On a side note when I was at A&M I bought a frame that said Our Gang and put a picture of my group of friends that was lovingly refereed to as the Wrecking Crew (how red ass is that?)….anyway I still have that frame and it has been on my desk in my classroom and now my office and every once and I while some kid who thinks he (because it is always a boy) super clever, will say something to the effect of, “You’re in a gang Miss?” That’s our future folks!
Finally Fleetwood Mac’s Tusk, my mom was a wanna be hippie back in her time, and she loved Fleetwood Mac…so I know a lot of their songs and I actually really like them. I also like Lindsey Buckingham, he is always so weird and tribal and I LOVE IT. This song is one of his “out there” songs. My mom HATES it. I LOVE it. I am pretty sure it has something to do with cheating….so it was one of the songs I listened to a lot in the past year.

No comments:
Post a Comment