Day 5: A picture of something that makes you happy
Clearly my daughter makes me happy, but that is a given (at least it should be). However, there are several things that I need in my free time to keep me grounded, sane, and ultimately the best version of myself for Hadley. I am a big proponent of making time for yourself, all parents (especially single parents) MUST make time once in a while to have some fun, to spend time doing SOMETHING they enjoy. I know for me if I didn’t have a break every once and again I would get frustrated a lot quicker and in the end that wouldn’t be good for me or Hadley. So these are some of the things that make me happy:
Clearly my daughter makes me happy, but that is a given (at least it should be). However, there are several things that I need in my free time to keep me grounded, sane, and ultimately the best version of myself for Hadley. I am a big proponent of making time for yourself, all parents (especially single parents) MUST make time once in a while to have some fun, to spend time doing SOMETHING they enjoy. I know for me if I didn’t have a break every once and again I would get frustrated a lot quicker and in the end that wouldn’t be good for me or Hadley. So these are some of the things that make me happy:
Number one of the list is time with friends and family- these are the adult conversations I need to have on a daily basis, there is only so much Hadley and I can “discuss.” When I get time with my friends I love to shop, go dancing and/or sing karaoke, and of course a happy hour now and then is great too (of course it really should be called happy hours with my friends…). I also love to read (mostly chick lit) and listen to music, and try really hard to find time to do both every day. It really makes me happy that Hadley seems to already love music and loves to dance, she is going to be a fun girl, just like her mommy.
In addition, no matter what is going on in my life, I make a point to be at church on Sunday morning, that time of worship starts my week of right. I have also found daily prayer to make my life MUCH better. My relationship with Jesus really and truly has been paramount in getting me though EVERY situation life throws my way!


No comments:
Post a Comment