1. Remember what you write is published on the INTERNET. Anyone can read it and words are not easily taken back. It is good to be honest and real to yourself, but there are some details you might opt not to share. There are some things that should be personal. I know that a lot of my good friends and family read my blog. Many of those people know all the details of my life, so I do not need to go into them, and those that don’t know every detail, don’t need to know every detail ( or else they would know them in real life, you know?) Bottom line: know your audience and avoid over sharing ( I am guilty of this sometimes, but there are lots of things I make a conscious decision not to discuss on the internet)2. I know a lot of moms and bloggers in general do blogs that are picture heavy. My blog specifically is a picture a day type blog. When I first started out I simply uploaded the pictures and you literally had to scroll through sometimes 10 pictures, which could be a pain. I saw a few blog friends of mine start using picture collages and I knew it was what I needed. I asked her how she did it, and it turns out it is super easy using picasa (which is free). It’s a great way to share lots of pictures at once.
3. My final tip comes from my English teacher roots, and is really good for ANYONE who write ANYTHING. Know the difference between you’re, your, their, there, and they’re…and just generally look over what you type. I am a bit of a hypocrite on this…sometimes I rush to get something posted because I have a screaming baby and I have posts that have typos- and when I look back at these said typos I cringe. I just think people judge you based on spelling and grammar (I mean I do, I am just being honest), so do your best to do a quick look over if nothing else.

No comments:
Post a Comment