CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 243

Day 2: Tell us about your blog

Before I go into discussing my blog, there is a back story I want to share. On November 9, 2010 about 7 months into my pregnancy I was put on bed rest due to preeclampsia. This was something my mom kept fretting over as she had hard time when I was born. Given the fact I was working 2 jobs, nearly 70 hours a week, and going through a separation in which I was getting very little support from my husband throughout my pregnancy- I think I am pretty lucky that it took 7 months before my blood pressure got to scary point. Anyway, fast forward to December 30th. Hadley is born and everything goes fairly well (Hadley spends three days in the NICU because her oxygen was a little low at birth, but nothing major). However, my high blood pressure isn’t exactly going down…five days later it is “low enough” for me to go home, so I am discharged and we go home. Right away I feel like something is not right, I have a headache and feel off. As the evening progresses I start checking my blood pressure. It was 170/90ish to start and it doesn’t get any lower. Finally, I call the on call nurse at my OBGYN and she urges me to get to the nearest hospital, because I am dangerously close to stroking out.  At this point my mom and I start throwing together a bag for my 6 day old child and rush to the nearest hospital. The nearest hospital is a joke and we quickly decided we need to go back to the hospital where Hadley was born, which is about 25 minutes away. As we are driving my face and left side of my body start going numb. At this point, I am convinced the outcome will not be good. I am emotional and scared to death. Luckily my mom was there to drive me to the hospital in about 10 minutes. When I get there my blood pressure is at 190/100 and everyone is pretty much freaking out.  After a lot of test and X-rays and time, finally they find the perfect combination of meds to get my blood pressure stable.



SO…why did I just tell that whole long story? To make this point: I made this blog because I wanted to do something to make sure I slowed down enough to relish every moment with Hadley. For a 24 hour period I was convinced I was not going to be there to see her grow up, and even just typing that statement brings tears to my eyes. It was this feeling that prompted my idea to do a daily picture type blog to capture every little thing she did. As time went on the blog morphed a little and became more of a Megan and Hadley’s happenings, but for the first time in a long time I am so happy with my life that I want to share it with others. That really is what this blog is about a way to share with my friends and family what is going on in our lives, because a lot of the most important people in our lives don’t get to see us every day and through this blog they get a glimpse into our daily lives.

Here is a glimpse of today...Hadley playing with her blocks Gigi bought her this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment