I am going to do this in two ways: 1. I will tell you about the job I have that puts food on the table, and 2. I will tell you about the most important job I have in reference to my daughter and that is being Hadley’s mom.
As I have mentioned before I am a high school counselor. This is the job I have always wanted. I am working with juniors and seniors daily to help them make choices that will impact the rest of their lives. I am a liaison between them and everything they need to know to make the first step out of high school into the “real world.” I love my school in that everyone here is really a family, a lot of schools claims that, but in this school it is the God honest truth- I couldn’t ask for better people to work with. I am in a relatively low income rural area, so for a lot of these kiddos they might be the first to go to college, and really they have no idea where to start that is where I step in. I come to work every day with a general idea of what will happen, but love that pretty much every day is a new day…who knows who will walk into my office, what problem a student may have…it’s exciting. I miss my 7th grade babies a lot, but know that this is really my niche.I am very lucky, because not only do I have a great job, but I get to come home every day a be a mom to Hadley. I always knew I would be a mom with a routine and we definitely have that, but in pretty much every way I am not the mom I thought I would be. I suppose because in my visions of being a mom, I wasn’t doing it alone…However, having Hadley all to myself every day isn’t a bad deal at all. I can do everything just how I want…which has enabled me to make her baby food, structure a evening schedule, and plan my days exactly how I want them to go. It is nice. Hadley is a really easy going baby, so even when things aren’t so perfect, or mommy is having a bad day- she takes it all with a smile!

No comments:
Post a Comment