CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 253


Day 12: Share your goals you would like to accomplish in the next year
I am happy to say I have accomplished most of BIG goals I had for myself. I have gotten my Master’s degree, I have the job I always aspired to have, I have had a beautiful baby, and I have even gotten married (although that didn’t pan out the way I envisioned). However, these big goals have created some small goals I hope to accomplish within the next year, so here we go:
1.     I would like to be out of debt. I have spent the last three years using about half of my paycheck to pay off debt that I (not all by myself) have accumulated in the past 7 years. I am very happy to say that within the next year, I will be virtually debt free and that will make me feel like a millionaire (at least it will be nice to have more money to save, more money to spend on Hadley and save for her future, and more money to spend on fun stuff- yay!)
2.     I would like to start cooking more. I enjoy doing it, I think I am fairly good at it, but for one reason or another I always make excuses not to. If you knew the kind of food I lived off of, I know I would be embarrassed (think pop corn, crackers, chips and salsa…really healthy gourmet stuff , huh??). In a year Hadley will almost be two years old and the purees I am making now (I have been really good about sticking to my guns on the homemade baby food), will be a thing of the past. She will be ready for real food and I am looking forward to this being to motivation I need to get my butt in gear and make real meals on a fairly regular basis.
3.      I would like to be better about finding time to do a daily bible study/devotional. This is the one thing lacking in my faith walk, and it is heavy on my heart to do something about it.
4.     I hope to find REAL love- that butterflies in the stomach, exciting, so happy to be with this person love. I know it exists. I have felt it before, but the next time I want it to be for the long haul. I will not ignore red flags, I will not put up with things I have in the past. I deserve someone that truly cares about me and Hadley and hopefully in the next year I will find that, if not I will be just as happy enjoying my life as it is- because really I do love where I am now!
5.     I hope to build my counseling program here at the high school. Last year I was out a lot due to pregnancy and then maternity leave, so it was like my learning year. This year I am more knowledge and am starting to get my feet wet it starting to implement things I envision a high school counselor doing. I just want to do more…
6.     I want to be the best parent I can be. I am constantly reading literature, forums, blogs, etc searching for parenting methods, suggestions, and tips. I know I am not a perfect person, and I will not be a perfect parent, but I want to be doing the best things I can so that Hadley can have any and every opportunity she could ever dream of.

No comments:

Post a Comment