Day 13: Favorite bible verse
I love this question. It truly is amazing how powerful God’s word can be. It also absolutely AWESOME home at the exact moment you need to hear something, He will find a way for you to stumble across it.
My personal favorite verse comes Proverbs 3:5-6, it says:
“ Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight.”
This verse has resonated with me. In life sometimes things happen that we do not understand, tragic things, difficult things, scary things. However, they are part of a bigger plan that He has in store for us. I have learned this the hard way, but it is so true. It is said we made plans and God laughs, and its true.
When Hadley was dedicated at church I got to pick a life verse for her, and I chose Deuteronomy 31:6, it says:
“Be strong and courageous.
Do not be afraid or terrified because of them,
for the LORD your God goes with you;
he will never leave you nor forsake you."
I love this for her because it has taken me years to learn this, in all things He is there. It is my nature to worry, but really in the past fear years I have been able to let that go and turn it over to Him. It is my hope that Hadley will grow up with the sense of peace that comes with knowing God is control and He is ALWAYS there.
Do not be afraid or terrified because of them,
for the LORD your God goes with you;
he will never leave you nor forsake you."

No comments:
Post a Comment