CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 264


Day 23: Today’s topic was supposed to be favorite blog hop you participate in, but that doesn’t apply to me so I am coming up with a new one. I am going to talk about an important person in my life that I miss terribly, the closest thing I EVER had to a grandma, my Aunt Myrle.


If you ever had the privilege of meeting her, then you are a very lucky human being. To me, she embodied everything you would imagine a grandma to be. She was the quintessential mother hen that kept my extended family together. She had the biggest heart of any person I have ever met and would do anything for anyone. She made some AWESOME macaroni and cheese that is pretty world famous- in fact I don’t think any of my cousins could talk about her at length without mentioning that stuff. It was good! From my first days on this earth, she was a huge part of my life. My mom had to stay in the hospital  for nearly a month after I was born, my dad had to work during the day, so Aunt Myrle stepped in took care of me ( a lot of times she was at the hospital so that my mom wasn’t without her new baby).  From then on, if there was a big event: a dance recital, a birthday party, etc. she was there to support me (and my mom). I am so thankful she was able to make it to my wedding (I think that was the last trip she took in her  life).  It kills me that I was on bed rest the day of her funeral, because after all she did for me, it hurts my heart that I couldn’t be there ( I was actually admitted into the hospital that afternoon for my high blood pressure as it turns out).
I am VERY saddened that Hadley will never get to meet her. I know Aunt Myrle would have loved her. I am going to make it a point to tell Hadley stories of my childhood and memories of Aunt Myrle. Whether it be recalling nights of her reading Little Brown Bear, days spent picking tomatoes, green beans, or blackberries, listening to her tell stories about growing up (she was really funny and had a great way of telling stories), helping to make lunch or dinner and setting the table. Whatever it may be, Aunt Myrle’s memory will definitely be passed on to my daughter, she will know just how special her  great-great Aunt was.

On a happier note, my mom can into town this weekend and we took Hadley to a pumpkin patch-it was a lot of fun. Be prepared to be bombarded with lots of pictures!









































No comments:

Post a Comment