CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 259

Day 18: Something you miss

At this moment in my life the one thing I miss the most is my dog Jake. He was put to sleep VERY unexpectedly on June 21, 2011. As I have written about before Jake was the best dog anyone ever met. Even people who don't like big dogs (ie my mom...) LOVED Jake. He was so smart, caring, and just a good companion. I miss him so much sometimes my heart aches. I know that sounds silly- he was just a dog...but I feel like I time together got cut WAY too short. I had Jake a total of six years. I was banking on a least 5 more years with him; he and Hadley were supposed to be the best of friends (and in the few months they had together it was clear that they loved each other).  I know that I may never have a dog I love as much I loved Jake, he weathered a lot of storms with me (it was just he and I for a while there...through all the crap of the last 17 or so months).  Here is a collage (it has appeared in my blog before) taken just a few weeks before he was put to sleep (he had cancer- apparently it was really bad and all over his internal organs- and he didn't even seem sick until the last 3 days of his life). One day we will get a new dog and build new memories, but Jake will always be my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment