I have some pretty exciting news. Yesterday while getting ready to going to the football game I was bathing Hadley. As I dried her off, she said pretty clearly mama- then smiled at me. I thought that could be a coincidence, so I am not going to get all excited. She has said dada a lot and does not know what she is saying, so I know that sometimes they are more about sounds than the actual words…BUT THEN, as I was giving her evening bottle and we were rocking in the chair listening to our nightly Adele, she turned her head towards me, reached for my face, looked me right in the eye and said “mama.” It was the best thing EVER. I mean I don’t want to get overly excited, because it could all just be a fluke, but she isn’t making the m sound repeatedly, so I really feel it was a well thought out (well as much can say a 7 month old can think things out) word. It’s going in the baby are book as first word and I couldn’t be happier!!

No comments:
Post a Comment