CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 200

While at the doctor last week, we were told that ideally Hadley will be completely off the bottle by one year old; she also told me this would “break my heart,” I am not so sure why (I guess I am supposed to be sad she is growing up, but cleaning bottles in a pain in the butt, and I will be glad when they are gone). Anyway, she said we needed to start introducing a sippy cup, so that Hadley could get used to it. I have bought a few sippy cups and haven’t had much success, mostly because Hadley doesn’t like to drink quickly- I can’t even use a 3 bottle nipple, which is for 3 month olds, because she gets all choked up because the flow is too fast (clearly she is not into guzzling like her mama).  She is definitely interested in my cup and without fail always reaches for whatever I am drinking and/or becomes obsessed with a cup sitting on the table, so the interest is there. While shopping for her something else,  I stumbled upon a sippy cup with one hole, which I surmised would mean a slower flow…so I bought it. I have given it to her a few times, with water or a water and apple juice mixture. She is by no means fully converted, but she seems to understand the concept, so we are working on it…

No comments:

Post a Comment