CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 207


So today was the day, back to work. It was pretty much a whirl wind day from start to finish.  We actually got up and out the door without any problems. When I dropped Hadley off at daycare, she seemed a little confused, but was happy to see Ms. Carla, who loves Hadley a lot! I left and there were no tears (hers nor mine). I got to work at about 7:30 and was busy from that moment until 3:30. As soon as I get into my office I am greeted by a parent who needs information about their student, followed by two more parents! Then I had a meeting with my assistant principal and other counselor, we were handed several things to clean up as far as scheduling was concerned and it is going to take me a while to get through it all. I was ready to come back to work, but I don’t think I was ready to be thrown into the hamster wheel so quickly…but I should have known, the first month and a half are ALWAYS super crazy. The craziness didn’t stop at work…
I picked up Hadley from daycare and never in my life had I been so happy to see that baby…oh I got her to the car and just hugged her for a good 5 minutes, I am sure she thought I was crazy, but that probably wasn’t the first time and it won’t be the last that that thought has crossed her mind.  When we got home I needed to make baby food. I brought a cantaloupe, sweet potatoes, carrots, avocadoes,  and potatoes back with me. I needed to make most of this so that she would have plenty to take to school and before the produce were too ripe. Hadley was a bit fussy and not too keen on entertaining herself, so I had to take several breaks to appease her. In the end I made a freezer full of food. I am going to have to go to the store to get prunes, because I left my brand new bag in Humble, and Hadley must have prunes in her diet; it just makes life better for everyone.
Once all the food was made, it was time to start bedtime routine. So we did bath, bottle, and bed and she was out by 6 again (yay!).While she slept I cleaned the kitchen, and even had time to talk to Camille who I hadn’t talked to in a while. Hadley slept for a long time before waking up at around 1 am. I should have used this time to sleep, but I couldn’t fall asleep. So I watched the second part of the Real  Housewives Reunion, I just love the drama…heck my life is full of drama- it makes me feel better to see grown women carry on in self induced drama…

No comments:

Post a Comment