CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 219


Today our only outing was to Wal Mart (I really hate that place, but I had a limited budget and thought I could get more for my dollar there than Brookshire's). I had to get diapers for day care because they go through diapers like crazy there, and wanted to get a bunch of new foods for Hadley. A lot of mom's in one of groups had tried black beans as a source of protein (since it is recommended to start meat until 9 months and honestly the thought of pureeing meat scares me a bit). I also wanted to get chick peas, broccoli, squash, and whatever else sounded good. At the end of the shopping trip I got all the aforementioned items plus lentils, mangoes, peaches, bananas, apples, carrots, sweet potatoes, and of course prunes.  

Hadley has really come to love spinach, so I figured I wanted to move into a new green and try broccoli again. So that was what I made first, and she LOVED it! She also loved peaches, but I knew she would. I started the beans to soak, I have never prepared dried beans before EVER so this should be interesting. 
Between the food prep and quick shopping trip, we found time to play around the house. We danced and sang, played with her musical table, read several books (including the Lorax, one of my personal Dr. Seuss favorites), napped a few times, and really just had a great day together!



No comments:

Post a Comment