Today was the longest day ever. It started off pretty good. Hadley and I sleep with the TV on, mostly because I am afraid of the dark and being alone at night, so the TV stays on...we will call it white noise. Anyway, we keep in on Nick at Night, which means at 6am it starts with cartoons. There is one cartoon called Team Umizoomi...I personally like it, it teaches lots of different things. Sometimes when we wake up Hadley is entranced by it, so while I shower she watches it. I don't really believe in babies watching TV, but I have to shower and get ready for work and if it keeps her happy it will work.
Eventually we were out the door and she was at school by 7:40, which meant I was late- oh well. I got to work and seriously worked nonstop, meaning no lunch, until 5:30- this is not ok, I work in education, I am programmed to be done by 4. However, work needs to be done, so I stayed. I got to school to pick up Hadley and Ms. Carla one of my favorite teachers is there, and she is never there when I get there, because she goes in at 6. She tells me they fired one of Hadley's teachers and are now short. I am pretty shocked, because I really liked this teacher. I know we haven't been around all summer, so maybe she went flakey, but I am sad to see her go.
When we get home everything is behind, because it's almost 6. So Hadley goes down about 7, evidently this throws her off, because she is up several times before really going to sleep for her 5 hour stretch.
I've been awful about getting pictures, I am feeling lots of guilt...my parents are even nagging me about it :) I promise to take some pictures tomorrow, I am sure everyone has forgotten what Hadley looks like!!
Droning It In
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment