Well today is the day we head back to the real world. I am sad to be leaving my family and friends here in Humble, but am also ready to get back to the routine Hadley and I are both accustomed to. I know it is going to take me a while to get back in the groove of it all, especially after having someone to help me the past 6 weeks, and for that I am INCREDIBLY grateful.
The ride back was the best car trip Hadley EVER had. She slept over three hours of the trip and played by herself for the rest- this means we didn’t have to stop once!! Oh, that makes me so happy. When we got home it took me three trips to the car to get everything back in, luckily Hadley was entertained in her bouncer. It took me several hours to get things put up and away, to prepare Hadley’s bag with everything to go back to school, to make her breakfast and lunch for school, get her bathed, fed, and to sleep. Before I knew it, it was almost 8 before I was ready to just sit and catch my breath. In very good news, Hadley was asleep by 6:15ish, which is AWESOME. Prior to summer she was out by 6, this worked great for me, as that was my time to change out of work clothes, eat, clean, prepare for the next day, and maybe try to relax a bit; however, in the summer that got all out of whack. I was worried she would have a hard time going back to a 6:00 bed time, but tonight went well.
I am having really mixed feelings about going back to work tomorrow. I actually love my job and love being busy, so on one hand I am ready to go back- I am just someone that loves to work, I could never be a full time stay at home mom, it just isn’t for me. On the other hand, I have enjoyed so much being with Hadley all day, I know it will be difficult to leave her and fear she might cry when she sees me leaving, as lately she has had some separation anxiety issues. I am just praying it all goes well.


No comments:
Post a Comment