CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 205

 
HADLEY GRACE IS 7 MONTHS OLD!!
This month more than any other flew by, I mean really wasn’t it just yesterday we were celebrating her half birthday with a cupcake?!?! Anyway, Hadley is growing so fast. Her personality is becoming  more and more apparent, as is her strong will. She is eating like a champ and has decided she wants to roll ALL the time.
Here are the highlights/things I learned about Hadley Grace this month:
·      She tried several new foods including: blue berries, mangoes, cantaloupe, turnips, eggplant, spinach, and prunes- she loves all of them
·      Hadley will only do what Hadley wants to do, when she wants to do it. I suppose this is a case of payback for my raising. This manifest itself in several ways:
o     Refusing to bend her legs to get in the car seat, or any seat- she makes herself as stiff as board sometimes
o     Fighting sleep; this is the WORST. She will be clearly exhausted, but if I seem to be trying to make her go to sleep she will scream and arch her back, it really is a sight.
o     She wants to feed herself
o     And my least favorite the whining that occurs when she is not the center of attention.   
·      She is sitting up all the time now and has learned how to go from sitting to crawling position, although no actually crawling is happening
·      Hadley has become a tummy sleeper, since she is all about rolling, she has started to roll to her tummy in her sleep  and actually seems to sleep better this way- sometimes a 6-7 hour stretch!
·      That being said she does still wake up once to twice in the night for a sip of bottle, but goes right back to sleep.
·      She has moved up to 6 month clothing size…my petite baby is no more!
·      She LOVES to laugh and does it all the time. She has the best laugh!
·      We are smack dab in the middle of teething, no teeth yet, but lots of fussing and drooling!
·      I think I am starting to see more of my physical characteristics in her, I had the opportunity to see Hadley next to her dad this month, and was a little surprised to see that they don’t look as much alike as they once did…but the blonde hair and blue eyes definitely aren’t mine!
·      Hadley LOVES dogs. At first she was obsessed with Jake, but since he was put to sleep she was  cannot get enough of Maggie (my mom’s dog). Unfortunately she has quite the interest in grabbing at dogs’ eyes, so dogs don’t tend to love her as much as she loves them. I need to get a dog- I want one so badly, but I can’t handle a puppy and a baby alone in a second story apartment now, but there will be another dog or two in our future ( I see a chocolate lab and a dachshund)
·      Hadley is quite curious about men’s facial hair. Interestingly enough most of the men in her life ( Bop, PaPa James, Paw-Paw, and her father) all have some sort of facial hair mostly mustaches, but Josh has a bit of chin hair. She will grab for it every time.
·      She babbles ALL THE TIME. She has a ton to say- I just don’t understand it. She is making a lot of consonant sounds. She has said consonant sounds so that they sound like a word (ie dada), but she doesn’t know what she is saying so I wouldn’t call that talking…I am ready for the day she looks at something and calls it correctly, like baba, or of course mama!
·      I already knew this, but Hadley is so adorable…everywhere we go, everyone is just drawn to her, I can’t go anywhere without someone wanting to look at her, comment on her, or touch her (this actually happens a lot- good think I am not a germaphobe).
I think this has been my favorite month thus far, mostly because we spent most of it together 24/7. She really is such an amazingly good baby…BUT when she isn’t good she is REALLY bad. I mean every once in a while it may take her an hour and a half of crying before going to bed…but then she will wake up and be super cuddly and loving and you forget how much stress she caused. She knows what she is doing I suppose. I am hoping that the next month brings teething, crawling, and maybe even talking…

No comments:

Post a Comment