CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 228

Today was the first day of school. It was a long day.  My work day is 7:15-4 (which today was really 7-4:30). It is just a long day. I have to get up before six and have to be out of the door by 6:30 (luckily for me I am a morning person and can jump out of bed and get ready pretty quickly- I DID NOT get this from my mother).  My sweet baby has taken to sleeping until almost 6:30 lately, so I am able to get ready without having to worry about entertaining her which helps tremendously.
When we arrived at daycare, one of my favorite afternoon teachers was there and she told me they were changing things around. I am glad that Hadley gets to start her day with two of her favorite teachers, but will be interested to see how things go in the afternoon. This is always the time that causes me the most stress- I have just worked 8 hours and don’t necessarily relish the thought of getting a bad report when getting Hadley- it just takes a while for people to understand her “normal routine.” Specifically regarding spit up…yes she sometimes spits up a lot at once and yes, she sometimes doesn’t spit up for days on end. I am aware and it stresses me out that it stresses you out (perhaps this seems insensitive?!?!?).  I also know she is teething- yes she has been doing that for several months on end, and yet she still has NOT cut a tooth. Yes she tends to be fussy starting at about 3…GIVE HER A BOTTLE. Gee anytime she seems upset, that is a good place to start.  I know that sounds like I am gripping and I am, I just don’t like change (which has never worked in my favor). Just some things that seem common sense to me I guess aren’t to a person that doesn’t know my child. I will not ever gripe to them or do anything that makes me seem to be pushy, controlling, or over bearing….I know what that is like and I don’t want any of Hadley’s teachers to feel as if I am judging  them…so venting on my blog will suffice.
I feel as if that was negative…so I am going to completely shift topics…I did not capture any moments with Hadley on film today, so instead I will show you my two newest creations for October. Hadley is going to be a bumble bee for Halloween, here is the first element of her costume- the tutu. I also threw together a Halloween tutu for her nine month pictures and of course to wear during the month of October.  I am not sure if I have mentioned it before, but since I am a bit obsessed with decorating/dressing for various holidays ( I blame my years of teaching for this) and because it just happens to work out this way, at each of Hadley’s milestone photo sessions, I have included a bit of seasonal garb…for 3 months it was Easter, 6 months it was 4th of July, 9 months is Halloween, and of course a year will coincide with Christmas, and in true Hadley Grace fashion a tutu must be included in these pictures…so here is what I spent an hour doing Sunday while waiting for Hadley to come home and while watching the Social Network….

No comments:

Post a Comment