Today was another full day at work; I went to an in-service about adoption today. It is crazy to me how much being a mother changes how I feel about everything. I mean I just about cried in a few of the videos. I just can’t imagine not having Hadley…she really has changed my life; perhaps even saved my life…
When I got to daycare to pick her up, I was greeted by the director. Evidently Hadley had been bitten by a little boy a few moment s prior. In the class of 6 babies the two teachers were dealing with screaming babies, Hadley was in the bouncer and I guess this little boy thought her chunky little wrist looked yummy, so he bit her. They said she got really upset, as is to be expected. It looks kinda bad, but nothing major. She was smiling away when I got there, so clearly she wasn’t too upset. I think they were expecting to me freak out. I think they forget I work in education, I know how it is. I had classes of 32 kids and sometimes things happened while I was helping another student…it impossible to watch everyone at once- I get it. I am the last parent you have to worry about getting upset. I am extremely laid back and understanding. Maybe I should be more upset, I don’t know…it happens though. If it happens again, I might get upset, but they are moving that boy to the the next class up so it shouldn’t be an issue again… Anyway, I tried to get a picture of the wound, but I am not sure it translates on to film that well.


No comments:
Post a Comment