CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 150 and 151


Saturday was the shower, and in the end it went really well. I couldn’t have done any of it without my co-host, Tara’s aunt, who was PHENOMENAL! Hadley was the center of attention, besides Tara of course. Everyone wanted to hold her, which I never have a problem with. She was SO good it really was such a paradox between Friday and Saturday. She was all smiles and barely fussed at all (by the time we left she was a little over being passed around, but wasn’t too bad). It’s crazy to think not too long ago I was having a shower for Hadley and now she is almost 6 months old , they really do grow up so quickly. I can’t wait for Landon to get here, so Hadley can have a boyfriend J.
After the shower, my mom had bought a little pool for Hadley that we really wanted to try out. As I have said before Hadley loves the water and I know she will be a swimmer. We got her in her new bathing suit and put her in the pool and she went to town. She was kicking and squealing with excitement. The cutest thing ever!
Sunday morning, I made Hadley some sweet potato to try (Pa-Pa James really wanted to see her eat one). She LOVED it. She was reaching for the bowl and the spoon, she just couldn’t get that stuff in her mouth fast enough. Before heading home I decided it was time to transition Hadley from her carrier to a convertible car seat. I recently got a Britax marathon in cowmooflage (something I have wanted since I saw it in the backseat of my friend Jill’s car- long before I even though about Hadley)for a great deal- lightly used;  I am all about saving money! So we got that set up in the car and took her for a test drive and she loved it. I think she really has so much more room, she tends not to like tight spaces (she hated swaddling) and I think a lot of the problem with Friday came from being in that small carrier and feeling trapped, so I wanted to do ANYTHING to avoid that from reoccurring again.  The trip home was much better than the trip down, we stopped twice, but there was no screaming.  Hadley slept SO well that night too! She only woke up once- I was THRILLED.  All in all it was a great weekend with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment