CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Days 336-338

I had a very productive weekend! Friday I dropped Hadley off with her Nana, so I came home got two loads of laundry done and vacuumed the entire apartment. The most glorious part of Friday was I fell asleep at about 8 and slept for 11 uninterrupted hours, it's been MONTHS since I've been able to sleep for a stretch longer than 3-5 hours. I got up early did some more laundry, uploaded nearly 300 pictures from this past month on Facebook, reorganized my socks (I sadly have three drawers of socks, yet I only wear sock in the winter), showered, and headed out to spend the day with Camille and Julia.
We ran around getting Camille's secret Santa gifts, had a nice lunch at Genghis Grill and had a pretty nice girls' day ( added bonus Baylor beat the hell outta Texas!!!!). However, mid day it started raining an didn't stop. There were puddles, traffic, and accidents all over- thus I was late getting Hadley Saturday night :(
The change in weather has evidently upset Hadley's allergies. She has the misfortune of having my eyes...they get swollen and puffy looking and get all crusty. Luckily I had some of her allergy eye drops left over from the last time this happened, and it seems to have calmed her eyes down a tad.
Sunday we started our day at church. It was a good service, but a yucky day. After church I had to make a trip to the grocery store because I had zero food in my house. Now that Hadley is eating real food, I can't live off of popcorn or chips anymore, but perhaps that will mean I will shed a few pounds. I also picked up some vitamin drops for Hadley- since we are slowly weening off formula ( hello huge savings each month), I am concerned she might be lacking the nutrients she was receiving from formula.
So after checking out and running a very far way from the door to my car, I got the groceries loaded and Hadley ready to go; only to have to get out of the car again to run into JcPenny to FINALLY pick up her Christmas/birthday pictures.
Once we were finally home I rushed around like a crazy person: made Hadley her lunch, started dinner in my crock pot ( recipe for Creamy Italian Chicken to follow), boiled potatoes for mashed potatoes, put Hadley down for a nap, making homemade apple sauce, getting Christmas cards ready to mail tomorrow, framing pictures, and squeezing in some playtime with my fussy/moody baby. Dinner was so good- Hadley devoured it, which is good because I've packed it for her lunch tomorrow. Once dinner was eaten and the kitchen was clean, it was time for bath and bed- both of which went smoothly. Unfortunately with the weather and my day alone, and Hadley's sour mood all day- there are no picture this weekend, BUT here is the recipe I promised...

Creamy Italian Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken soup
8oz block of cream cheese
1 can mushrooms steams and pieces
1 packet dry Italian dressing mix
1/4 cup water

Put chicken in crock pot; mix water and dressing mix. Pour mixture over chicken. Cook on low3 hours. Combine cream cheese and soup, until it's smooth- pour over chicken. Pour mushrooms on top. Cook another hour or until chicken is done.

You could serve it with rice or pasta, I did mashed potatoes because I had some I needed to get rid of and Hadley LOVES them! Super good and super easy!! It was pretty good with green beans too! I don't know about you, but I LOVE crockpot recipes, they are perfect for working mamas, or ladies in general!

No comments:

Post a Comment