This weekend just went by entirely too fast. Even though it went by quickly it was a pretty good one. Friday afternoon my mom got in at about 4. She brought a few little birthday presents for me to open, which was a nice surprise, we bathed Hadley, and then I headed to a little get together with some co-workers. Saturday morning came super early, as I had to be at school at 7:15am to supervise the ACT test, I had three rooms and 64 testers it was a big group. While the testing was going on, I wrote my final paper for my principal course, did Hadley’s birthday invitations, and printed recipes for Christmas, so I was pretty productive.
As soon as the ACT was over my mom and Hadley, who met me at school, and I had to rush to the Christmas parade. We left my school at about 12:55 and the parade was SUPPOSED to start at 1. However, luckily for us, it didn’t get underway until 1:30ish. We had plenty of times to scope out a spot and even drop off all my ACT testing materials at the post office. The parade was a small town parade, so it had lots of horses, old timey cars, and wreckers…there were some cute floats and lots of candy. Hadley had a pretty good time and evidently has become a fan at pointing at things. After the parade we headed to the craft bazaar and looked at what they had, which sadly wasn’t much. We decided to head to Rockwall, so my mom could do some last minute shopping and eventually we had my birthday dinner at Chili’s. Unfortunately, this had to be cut short as Hadley decided that after being a trooper all day, she had reached the end of her rope. So for the benefit of the other the dinners, we packaged up our meal and headed home.
Sunday we went to church, which was wonderful, they played a lot of Christmas music and had a great message about how Jesus was 100% man and also 100% God- it was really interesting. Sadly after church, we headed home so my mom could pack up and head back to Humble. Hadley and I spent the rest of the afternoon lounging and playing, but certainly not napping- Hadley would have nothing to do with that! This week should be a good one, Hadley has the chance to see Santa twice-once at my school and once at her school; incidentally both times my principal will be Santa! I know EVERYONE is just ready for the break that comes with the holidays, I know we are!
Droning It In
1 day ago





No comments:
Post a Comment