She had a stocking full of goodies and several things under the tree, including a baby doll that goes in the bath tub, a Sophie bath toy, some clothes, several books, the Little People farm, and some new jammies. She loved it all!Shortly after opening presents, we enjoyed the breakfast cassarole I made overnight in the crock pot and left over sausage balls I made on Christmas Eve, I really have taken up this whole cooking for the whole family thing, it really is the least I can do!
After breakfast we had to get dressed and ready, because Kelly and her family were coming over. We had a nice time visiting with them and snacking. They opened their presents and stockings, and they brought a puzzle and shape sorter for Hadley. They had to rush to their next stop, so I decided to go on and start my portion of Christmas dinner. James and my mom made a ham and delicious cranberry glaze/sauce, I made a new spinach artichoke casserole I had found online (SO DELICIOUS!!) and baked fruit. We also bought pickled or spiced peaches because I LOVE them and wanted Hadley to try them. She seemed to enjoy it all, especially the spinach, she is like her mama that way!Overall, we had a really great Christmas. That is what I have always liked about having divorced parents and a step father with two kids, it seems Christmas always is spread out over several days, and it will be that way for Hadley too as we are headed back to Dallas tomorrow so she can have Christmas with her daddy, Nana and PawPaw.



No comments:
Post a Comment