Last night, I decided to make ravioli for dinner. I knew Hadley would love it, because she has always been a fan of spaghetti sauce. When I picked Hadley up from daycare, they told me she did a great job with her lunch, this made me happy since this was day one of her eating their food. She had steak fingers, a roll, and pears- what a combo, huh? I personally despise steak fingers, but I am thrilled that she liked them! Before we headed home we had two stop, the art show at my school and CVS. The art show was awesome, there are some seriously talented artist walking the halls of my high school, I was truly blown away! One of my favorite students had 9 pieces on display, they were all oil paintings and all PHENOMENAL!!! After admiring the art, we had to make a stop by CVS to pick up my blood pressure meds, nothing says “I’ll be 28 years OLD tomorrow,” like picking up not one but TWO different blood pressure medications, I have been on these pills for over a year now, how crazy is that.
As I was driving home today I was thinking about my birthday last year and how much different it is going to be this year. Last year I was on bed rest, almost 9 months pregnant and spent the day alone with Jake. The highlight of my day was driving to the nearest Freebirds!, I am sure my doctor would not have approved, but it was the one thing I REALLY wanted! Then that got me thinking that a couple days later Jake had a crazy seizure and fell off the bed and it was really just terrible. The next day at the vet they couldn’t find ANYTHING wrong with him, which is crazy to me because six months later he was dead. As if someone knew Jake was on my mind, when I got home in my mail box was a post card from the said vet that Jake was due for a check-up. It was just too much, it made me really sad. I miss that dog, especially around this time of year. He and I had LOTS of quality time it was just the two of us at home together 24/7 for almost 2 months.
Okay, before I start getting all emotional again, I am going to change the subject. When we got home it was already after 5. Hadley was fussy and nothing seemed to make her happy, until I put her in the high chair and gave her some peaches. I had bought those little fruit cups of peaches, in natural juices not syrup and she gobbled that up! Finally I was able to get dinner done and she loved it! I let her sit on the floor with her bowl and some spaghetti sauce and she really loved that, plus it kept her busy while I cleaned up the kitchen. While I was putting dishes in the dishwasher, she decided it was prime time to attempt to get into the dishwasher, she likes to do this with the fridge and the dishwasher-I have no idea why. I tell her no, but of course to Hadley anytime I say no, it is a challenge, she is one stubborn child!
This morning, Hadley must have wanted to wake up and celebrate my birthday extra early, because she had us up and out of bed by 5:30. Her poor little eyes, they go from looking fine to being swollen and gunky so quickly. I spent a large part of the morning fighting her trying to wipe that stuff out of her eyes and off her eyelashes while also trying to get eye drops in her eyes. Eye drops and Hadley are a joke. She HATES them and I practically need the Jaws of Life to pry her eyes open. I finally got a least a portion of the drops in her eye, got her dressed and went about our morning.
I am not sure I should admit this, but oh well. I have about 17 episode of Yo Gabba, Gabba, saved on my DVR, one of which is an episode called birthday. I had it saved for HADLEY’s birthday, but this morning though what the heck it is my birthday, so that’s what she watched. It doesn’t stop there. There is a song on that episode that goes, “It’s a party for Brobee,” I totally sang that to her subbing mommy for Brobee…yes it is true some things never change. I am an only child my birthday has always been a BIG deal to me. When I taught I had countdowns on my board at least a month out, but as I have “grown up” and become a mom, I just don’t do that anymore. See I may not feel like a grown up (when do you suppose that will happen??), but I have come to realize that maybe my birthday isn’t a holiday celebrated by everyone, but guess what Hadley’s certainly should be! That’s 23 days away, for those of you that might be wondering!
Droning It In
1 day ago




No comments:
Post a Comment