CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 332

Hadley Grace is 11 months old!

Wow, that sounds so crazy! It is so hard to believe the next time her little month birthday rolls around it will actually be her BIRTHDAY! I am so close to having a 1 year old. A very strong willed, stubborn, “I do what I want,” one year old. Here is her month in bullet points (you should know the drill by know, this is the 11th one!)

• Hadley has taken a few steps several times, I am fairly certain that this time next month she will be pretty close to full blown walking
• She met Santa Claus for the first time, knows who Santa is, and know he says Ho, ho, ho
• When you starting singing patty cake, she knows to clap her hands and is even starting to be able to “roll it up”
• She can say ball when it is appropriate, day care has really focused on that this week
• Purees are gone, we are real people food- mostly turkey and Thanksgiving leftovers now (she is loving the spinach casserole I made, but then again so am I).
• She is down to 4-5 bottles a day
• I am SLOWLY starting to try to move to milk, it is going SLOWLY, as is the use of sippy cups
• Hadley celebrated her first Thanksgiving, both at home and with a feast at school
• She has a love of baby dolls and all music, especially Christmas music at this point
• She is into everything- she especially loves taking movies off my shelf, or ornaments off the tree (of course I put plush ornaments down low so she doesn’t hurt herself)
• She really loves the toilet, I am going to have to get those locks pretty darn soon, the other day she opened the lid and had her hand in the toilet within 1.5 seconds!
• She loves to shake her head no when I say “no.” It makes me laugh, which doesn’t really help in that situation
• I am trying to put shoes on her all the time to get used to, she looks so darn cute in her Ugg-like boots
• She loves to play with any electronic, my phone or camera especially. She can actually play with the apps I have downloaded on my phone- that helps occasionally on the 20 minute ride home.
• She tries to talk all the time; however, the only words she has actually said are mama, ball, and baba, uh oh…or at least words that she associates with the actually person/item/situation
• She has really taken to mimicking anything I do- coughing and sneezing included (this could get me in trouble down the road, I better be mindful about what I say in front of the baby!)
• She still seems to be such a lovable baby, in general she takes well to everyone she meets. She generally has such a cheery disposition, but every once in a while, especially when it comes to sleep- she will fight and cry, and lately has taken to throwing herself down into a tantrum- oh boy!
• She continues to amaze me every single day, not a day goes by that I am not just so thankful for her smile, her kisses, her laugh, I could just eat her right up!
I can’t wait to see what the next month brings: her first Christmas, opening presents, her first birthday, it will just be a whirlwind of greatness!

This was the hardest time I had taking her pictures. She was fussy and tired and every time I tried to take her picture she would look away or crawl away or try to grab the camera, so here is the best of what I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment