Christmas Eve, is one of my favorite days. As an adult I have enjoyed it most because of Christmas Eve services. I wasn't sure this year about where I would want to go. I was really ad I would be missing the AWESOME service at Lake Pointe, but knew I wanted to find a great church to take my parents and Hadley to, for her first Christmas Eve service. I opted for First Baptist Kingwood. In the end I was very pleased. The service did a great job of melding the story of the birth of Christ together with traditional Christmas songs/hymns. It also included the Lord's Supper, which I was pretty happy about to; not to mention the end included a candle light service complete with a fake snow fall. It was beautiful and above all Hadley was a perfect angle the entire time! She loved the singing and the snow especially!Earlier in the day we spent how I have spent most Christmas Eves of my life with my dad. We took him a few presents and spent some time visiting. I am really excited about the gifts he has made for Hadley's birthday that he will be bringing her on her birthday; it's especially exciting because the last time my dad was here was nearly a year ago during my whole blood pressure fiasco.
Just for some persepcetive, here is me last Christmas Eve and this Christmas Eve...my how a year changes things, but it has been a great year!!
Since Hadley was so great a church after her bath, we let her open one gift. She picked the gift Coy, Robin, and Jay had left earlier that day, while we were at my dad's. She was semi interested in attempting to open it, but really was interested in it once it was open. They got her a Fisher Price talking Cuckoo clock, she LOVED IT (thanks, y'all!).



No comments:
Post a Comment