CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ready for the weekend!

I want to start off this morning, by sending out a very special birthday shout out to my BFF Tara. Tara today you are older than me, you are almost 30 (how did we get so old???). I have had the pleasure of being friends with Tara since 7th grade (you know back in day, those awkward middle school days). Tara is also the mommy of Hadley’s future husband Landon, who is having an MRI on his spine on Valentine’s Day, so if you think about it say a little prayer for those two special people. Happy birthday T-Flo, hope your day is as fabulous as you are!

Yesterday morning started off rocky. Last night when we got home from church Hadley did not want to go to sleep and insisted on drinking milk, even though she drank a whole 8 oz on the drive home. Against my better judgment I gave into a 13 month old and gave her a little bit of milk in an attempt to lull her to sleep. It worked she fell asleep, but as I went to put her down she puked up the milk as well as what appeared to be her dinner. It was completely unexpected and completely covered me. I mean seriously, this girl likes to vomit. I guess she gets that from me, in my life time I have thrown up a lot, and it really isn’t a big deal to me. It just happens and she seems to be the same way, at least for now. Once I finally got her to sleep, she did sleep all night, which was a blessing! This morning, she wanted no part of waking up. Once it was time to get dressed and change her diaper she definitely wanted no part of that either. She does this really awesome of thing of head butting when she is mad and likes to rock her head back and forth in protest, it makes it hard to hold her and I think she knows that. So while she screamed bloody murder I was able to change her diaper, dress her, and even clean out her nose. I wasn’t going to attempt to fight the pig tail battle today!

She was fine in the car and fine while I was in her classroom at school, but the moment I turned to leave she started screaming. That is a new thing, she is really into screaming and she is VERY good at it; I mean it is a horrible and ugly scream and of course it is super loud. As I was leaving I heard her teachers say Hadley calm down…gee I sure am glad to know that I am not the only one that utters that phrase. She is ALL DRAMA, ALL THE TIME…go figure.

On a much nicer note, I have been hearing that new Kelly Clarkson song a lot lately, “What doesn’t kill you.” I first heard in on a Toyota commercial and loved it then, and then when the full version came on the radio, I REALLY loved it. I think it is just what I needed to hear at this point in my life-timing in everything. Here are the lyrics, followed by the fourth installment of 50 questions.

You know the bed feels warmer, sleeping here alone
You know I dream in color, and do the things I want
You think you got the best of me, think you had the last laugh
Bet you think that everything good is gone; Think you left me broken down; think that I'd come running back
Baby you don't know me, cause you're dead wrong

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter, footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I, What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

You heard that I was starting over with someone new, they told you I was moving on over you
You didn't think that I'd come back, I'd come back swinging
You tried to break me, but you see

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter, footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I, What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone


Thanks to you I got a new thing started. Thanks to you I'm not the broken hearted
Thanks to you I'm finally thinking bout me
You know in the end the day you left was just my beginning
In the end...

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter, footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I, What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone



16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because the feeling of being happy is so individualized. The way you feel happiness is different than the way I do, thus different things make us feel this way. For some people it is all about the small things, for others it takes over the top gestures.


17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Paid off my debt. I am working on it, and it is almost done, but has taken years…I suppose my financial situation is holding me back, I only make so much!



18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Hurt and anger from my divorce- I think that says enough, divorce is never pretty; especially mine. It has done a number on my self esteem and such and I am not sure I have let it all go yet, but I have come a long way!

19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? I have a fantasy in my mind of how gorgeous Boston is. I have never been there, but love the thought of the history, the gorgeous fall weather, etc. Really though, I love Texas and pretty much see myself living here the rest of my life.



20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? No, in fact I am the opposite. I press it once and assume that is sufficient, sometimes I don’t press hard enough and several minutes later realize the elevator isn’t coming…

Enjoy these pictures of Hadley and this comic I found from one of my favorite websites, The Oatmeal. Since I visited the dentist Monday I thought it was particularly fitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment