CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! This morning I got up early in hopes to give Hadley her present (the Leap Frog puppy Violet; you can connect it to the computer and personalize it, it even says Hadley’s name) and get some cute pictures of her in her final Valentine’s Day outfit. So I got ready and took her into her room to try to show her the present and get some cute pictures. She wasn’t having it. She kept throwing the puppy and crying for me to pick her up…so I got a few pictures, they were the best I could do.

I am a person that gets really excited about holidays. I LOVE seasonal décor. I love traditions and I really love sharing that with my child. Valentine’s Day is no exception. I have always loved the day; I love hearts and all things red and pink- it’s always been one of my favorites. I suppose it also has something to do with the fact that I am a hopeless romantic that gets swept up in the potential romance the day can hold. I have had SEVERAL Valentine’s Days alone- in fact I have only had 5 years of having a Valentine and that was my ex-husband.

The last few Valentine’s day haven’t been that great, in fact they were quite the opposite. Two years ago, my marriage was in a lot of turmoil and I learned a lot about my then husband in the week before the 14th, and none of it was good. There were lies and betrayal and after everything we had been through what I leaned in that week, was at that point, the most hurtful and heart wrenching moments I had experienced. Last year, on the way to pick up my almost two month old, I walked into the court house to file for divorce; it purposeful lead to a text that to Josh that said “Happy Valentine’s Day, you got what you wanted- I filed for divorce.” I had just had enough, I had been pushed around and verbally attacked by he and his “girlfriend” one too many times. I was OVER IT.

Why am I even writing about that? To illustrate that even after all those not so great experiences, I still look forward to celebrating Valentine’s Day each year. I have really gotten into decorating our house for the holiday (decorations went up New Years’ Day- the day Hadley’s birthday décor came down), and dressing Hadley in adorable Valentine’s day outfits. We have her Valentine’s ready for her class and her teachers. I still am very optimistic that one day I will have a Valentine of the male persuasion that will prove to me that there are good guys out there, that no matter what day it is, will do their best to not intentional hurt me, or lie, or cheat, or any of that. I am not naïve enough to think there is a “perfect” person out there, but I do like to think that there is someone that is my perfect match. On the off chance there isn’t that’s okay too. I am very blessed with fantastic people in my life. I have lots of people I know care about me and Hadley and lots of people we adore, and it doesn’t have to be Valentine ’s Day to remind me of that fact.

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Enjoy a few extra pictures that took a look back at my Valentine a year ago!

**Hadley promptly tore her now apart in the car today- how does she do that?!?**

**My favorite Valentine gift this year was a donation made to the SPCA of Houston in memory of Jake, thanks to James!**

If you have known me for any length of time, you are surely familiar with my love of quotations, so in honor of Valentine’s Day, here are some quotes I found apropos for today!

“Who, being loved, is poor?” ~Oscar Wilde

“A man is not where he lives, but where he loves”. ~Latin Proverb

“A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it.” ~Frank A. Clark

“The most important things are the hardest to say, because words diminish them.” ~Stephen King

“It is astonishing how little one feels alone when one loves.” ~John Bulwer

“Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things.” ~Author Unknown

“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.” ~C.S. Lewis

“Having someone wonder where you are when you don't come home at night is a very old human need.” ~Margaret Mead

“You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.” ~Frederick Buechner

“Lust is easy. Love is hard. Like is most important.” ~Carl Reiner

No comments:

Post a Comment