CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lots of pictures!!

Yesterday was an exciting day at Region X, that is sarcasm. What it actually ended up being was a review of things I ALREDY KNEW. Oh well, it was okay to be away from the building for a day- although it is always stressful because I come back to a post it of things I need to do, that evidently no one else but me is able to do- clearly I have magic powers…oh well, it is what it is.

Last night Hadley and I went over to a gathering of friends/coworkers, I was excited to have time with these ladies, but was leery at how Hadley would behave- I anticipated being stressed. I was right. She was just all over the place. Everyone kept urging me to stop chasing after her and let her play, she “won’t break anything.” I knew this was not true, but let her do her thing…a few moments later she breaks a vase- HOW MORTIFYING. Luckily, my friend was great about it and claims it wasn’t a treasured item. Man I hate being that mom, with that kid. She is just curious and freakishly strong (and strong willed). All in all it was a good time.

When we got home Hadley was asleep, but promptly woke up the moment I put her down. She eventually fell asleep for good and I quickly did the same. Neither of us slept very well last night, I have been having crazy dreams lately (I am blaming stress) and Hadley, well I don’t know what her problem was. My mom says about this age they start having dreams, so perhaps she was having a bad dream too.

This morning Hadley enjoyed doing a little reading in her zebra chair. I was so excited about that chair, but really she doesn’t pay it that much attention, perhaps she will grow to love it.

As promised here are SEVERAL pictures from the last few days and to catch up the next 10 questions in 50 questions. I don’t know about you, but I am ready for the weekend to come on and get here; I am really looking forward to doing as little as possible. I just need a break!

31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? When I am busy at work getting things done, knowing that I have the knowledge and ability to handle all the curve balls I am thrown in a given day makes me feel like I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing.

32. If not now, then when? When the time is right, sometimes you just know…

33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? I am not sure…

34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Yes, I think that happens when you are really close to someone; when you can be in car with a good friend or relative and not feel that uncomfortable need to fill every silence with babble that means you are truly comfortable with that person. Conversely I can be with someone and have a whole conversation in my head and not know if I said anything out loud, and often ask did I just say such and such out loud…happens all the time!

35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Because people have free will…

36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? No, unfortunately some people can put on a heck of a show. I do think that your instincts are usually correct, but then again people are tricky!

37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? No, I could not have a career. I know it sound awful, but I am just not made to be a stay at home mom either, I love having something I can be successful at in the outside world, I think that is a way for me to be a good role model for Hadley too, again that is a PERSONAL choice. I certainly see the value in moms that stay home, but I just can’t do it.

38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More, I strive under stress and feeling overwhelmed, I am a freak I know!

39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Sometimes, but that is okay. I am a planner and like routines, so a lot of times this comes at my own doing.

40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? The day in 2006 I woke up and applied to graduate school, it was just time to take the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment