CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday...

Another week has come and gone. Do you ever have those weeks where it just feels like you just went through the motions? This week was not extraordinary at all. It was actually borderline boring. I have settled into a routine for sure. Don’t get me wrong, I love a routine, but it just makes all the days run together sometimes. I really should be grateful that I made it through a week with very little drama!

I have had the pleasure of having weekend crammed packed with activities the last month and a half (which has been awesome- I have tons of funs with several different people), but I am really looking forward to staying home and doing stuff around the house the weekend. I have the ACT early Saturday morning, but other than that I hope this is a very low key weekend, full of cleaning, laundry, relaxing, and cleaning out my DVR. My house desperately needs to be cleaned; I haven’t really done that in a while. It looks tidy, but it isn’t clean. I am good at keeping a tidy house I think, but the deep down cleaning/dusting/vacuuming, not so much- it just takes more time than I ever seen to be able to commit. I really love it when my mom comes and does it for me, because she feels sorry for me (make not of that mom!)

On Friday mornings I like to get up early, so that I can listen to Flush the Format on Kidd Kraddick and also so that Hadley and I can get some play time in, because usually Friday afternoons she is either going to her Nana’s or we are driving to Humble, or have something to do. This morning was no different. We read the Lorax, which she is slowly getting better at actually sitting though listening to an increasing number of pages. It is a pretty long book, with lots of words on each page- she is slowly gaining the patience to wait and listen to me read. This is a plus because the Lorax happens to be one of my favorite, no actually my favorite, Dr. Seuss book. I very vividly remember my mom reading me that book a lot when I was little, which is funny to me because of course my one time hippy mom loved a book about being environmentally friendly…(by the way I want to see the movie that is coming out pretty soon- I happened to catch a commercial last night it looks cute).

After reading Hadley rediscovered two of her musical toys this morning. She has always had a natural affinity for music- both listening to it and playing it. She has the leap frog musical table that she has always liked, but since she has gotten all her new toys it has been physically put to the side in her room, so she forgot about it, until this morning. I am a little a weird about things, the musical table, as well as other toys typically have two settings- a learning setting (like counting, shapes, ABC’s, etc) and a musical side. I really have a hard time letting Hadley play with the musical side until she has learned how to count or her shapes or the ABC’s, but today I realized both are important so I guess I have to let that go. She also has a desk that teaches letters, but if you pull up the desk there is a keyboard, this was something I had bought for Hannah years ago when she was three, but I have pulled it out for Hadley and she loves it! She loves to play the keyboard and dance to the songs. It is clear I have a little future musician and/or dancer on my hands. I can hardly wait until she is old enough to put her in activities to enhance her natural skill!

Finally, here is the FINAL installment of 50 questions, I hope you have enjoyed reading them; it was an interesting batch of questions if nothing else….

41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? My parents, as many friends as I could.

42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? No, I am happy with how I look and I really don’t need or want to be famous, so I am good- do I get to add 10 years for turning it down??

43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? I think truly living happens when we actually enjoy life. When we notice the small moments, taking time to enjoy the little things- the smile of your child first thing in the morning, the camaraderie of girlfriends, the memories with family, just truly embracing life and all of its fullness- not just going through the motions or phoning it in!

44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? All the time, if you everything is calculated, then really you won’t do anything. There are always risks, but when you know something is right, and then the risk is worth it.

45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? I think because as a people we are pretty concerned with how we are perceived, at least I know I am, and when you make a mistake you have to worry about what others are thinking, or if people are judging you because of that mistake!

46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Discuss my feelings about reality TV, I get lots of hate for the stupid shows I watch. Luckily, I have been graced with a pretty awesome group of ladies that love these shows as much as I do, they get it!

47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? All the time at night. I have paranoia about having a heart attack at night, so I am always aware of that and my pulse, yes it is freaky- I know. I wish it weren’t that way…

48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? I love all people in my life that have been there for me- and I try to show that as much as I can. I love TV and if you are my friend on facebook, I think my posts accurately show that. I love Dr. Pepper and Mary at Mobil would tell you that as she sees me buy it every morning. Of course, I love Hadley this blog, my apartment, my office, and my hard drive full of thousands of photos of her would all show you that. I love my faith, and I am pretty clear about that, in a not cramming it down your throat sort of way!

49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? Remember it, perhaps not, but it will be chronicled in this blog!

50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I can proudly say that I am making my own decisions. Sure I care what other people think and I am not afraid to ask for advice or opinions, but at the end of the day I have a child to think about and I have a responsibility to make decisions that will provide the best life for her and that is what I aim to do every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment