CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

been a while...

The last week sort of seems like a whirlwind. Between a staff development day, taking a half day to take care of some personal business and being off with Hadley and the hand foot mouth virus, I only worked 2 and a half days, but it feels like a lifetime since I've been in my office. Of course, because I can't really unplug, I've answered and emails and have helped a few student despite not being in the office.

This weekend I had planned on going to Humble. I wanted to see my dad and had hoped to see Tara and Landon....the best laid plans. I knew the babies would not be able to around each other, even the extreme opposite of a germaphobe, like myself, knew that it wasn't a great idea. However, I decided to go to Humble anyway, hoping I would still see Tara and get some family time. I woke up Friday morning with a pounding headache, as was very stopped up, as the day progressed I realized I was probably dealing with a sinus infection. I just live that almost every time I go home I get sick- at least when that happens I have people there to help me. I am bummed I didn't get to spend my time as I had planned, but Spring Break is just two weeks away.

We had a pretty good couple of days. It was pretty low key which after this week was what I wanted. I did manage to get a little shopping in; Hadley got two pairs of tiny Toms: silver sparkle and a cute polka dotted pair, and I finally bought the pair of black sparkle Toms I've been pining for myself. They had a cute pair of Sperrys I wanted to get Hadley, but they weren't in her size...but I think I like the Toms even better, plus that means 3 kids got a pair of shoes!

On a totally different note, there is something I've been struggling with lately- body image. I don't know when it happened or even how, but I feel like about 2 months ago I just woke up with more weight on me than I am used to. Since I was 16 or 17, I've been a size 6, roughly 125 pounds. This is not skinny by any means, but it is a size/weight I am comfortable at. Granted there were a few months in there when I was up to an 8 and a few when I was down to a 4, I have been able to maintain that weight without really trying! I suppose I have been blessed with a fast metabolism, and I haven't ever been one to eat 3 or even 2 meals a day. Even after I had Hadley I was back to my normal clothes in 2 weeks, heck I web wore a bikini 6 months after she was born. BUT NOW, the though of me in a bikini literally makes me want to vomit. For the first time in my life I do not feel comfortable in my skin. I am not sure if it is in my head, if my metabolism has finally slowed down, or if now that I am cooking Hadley real dinners and eating them myself, PLUS eating lunch ( something I haven't really done in the past) has finally caught up with me. Whichever it is, I need to do something, and quick....summer will be here before I know it. I hate working out, I mean I really DO NOT enjoy it, but it is looking like that now, in the ripe old age of 28, I am at the point that I have to do something to maintain my weight. I am hoping I can hold myself accountable...it is something I NEED TO DO. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment