CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Life can throw you some curve balls....

This morning I got to church a wee bit early. It was cold so I had my car in accessory mode to try to save gas ( because my gas light was on) yet still benefit from the heater. I sat in my car talking to my mom for about 25 minutes on the phone. As I was about to get out I noticed the radio went off, but didn't really pay attention to that fact, hindsight is 20/20.

I go to church enjoy my class, but feel a little tired and wanted to go home. So I skip my usual parent pager service and head to the car. When I get there my car won't start. I automatically assume it is because I have no gas/ remember I mentioned that my gas light was on?!?! I think about calling someone, but think that by the time anyone would get there I would have been able to walk to the neatest had station ( a 2ish minute car trip). So in my T-shirt and light sweater I start walking. I secretly hope some nice person from church will offer me a ride, but no such luck. About 20 minutes later I arrive at the gas station and fill my gas can ( that luckily I always have on hand).

I start walking back, two men stop and ask if I want a ride, but I am not getting in a strange man's car alone. Shortly after a nice lady, a fellow church member that I didn't know, offered to give me a ride ( praise God).

I proceed to put the two gallons in my car. When I go to turn the key- nothing happens, except a grinding sound. At this moment I realize it wasn't a gas issue, oh no- it was the battery. About this time the sheriff that patrols the church parking lot rolls around ( praise God yet again). He says that sounds like a dead battery. I tell him I have jumper cables and he jumps my car and tada it works!! He tells me I need to get a battery soon, and after I call my parents my step dad concurs,so alas I find myself waiting at the Wal-Mart "quick" lube waiting. The people around me have been waiting over an hour, looks like I'll be here a while. Such an unplanned agenda for a Sunday! Hopefully I get out of here in time to get Hadley..,,

No comments:

Post a Comment