This morning Hadley woke up as a SIX MONTH OLD!

The past six months have really and truly flown by so quickly. It is scary to think that 6 months from now I will have a one year old- YIKES! What happened to my tiny baby? As fate would have it one of my BFFs, Tara, had her baby Landon today ( I think it is pretty cool they are exactly 6 months apart). Seeing her tiny baby, makes me really realize how much Hadley has grown and changed. I think a half birthday is sort of a big deal, and wanted to doing something special to celebrate this day for Hadley. I thought letting her have her own little two bite cupcake seemed appropriate and I am fairly certain Hadley agreed!Keeping true to format, here is a list of highlights from this month:
- We really started solids food this month (after discovering rice cereal made her seriously constipated, we decided just to go on and start purees). Hadley's first taste of food was bananas, she has since tried: sweet potatoes, avocados, squash, peas, carrots, pears, peaches and apples. She has loved them all (peaches were her favorite, peas caused rash)
- She has graduated from assisted sitter, to full on sitter
- She is babbling and laughing up a storm. I know she thinks she is communicating full paragraphs to me, I am just working on figuring out what she is saying!
- We are making progress towards crawling. She can scoot and seems to want to crawl, she is just having a hard time figuring out how to make her arms and legs work together.
- Sleep is hit and miss, she has slept for stretches of about 6 hours, but also has periods where she is up after an hour and half...I keeping praying we will come to a reasonable compromise before I go back to work in August...
- She has a HUGE interest in faces, she doesn't care if she knows you or not, she wants to grab your lips, suck on your nose and cheek, eat your hair, the list goes on...she is a bit odd!
- It is clear she wants to do things for herself. While feeding her she will take a few bites from the spoon while I am feeding her, but will insist upon grabbing the spoon and doing it for herself- I can only imagine what the terrible twos are going to be like!
- Overall, she is a very happy, social babies and loves being around people, and most people seem to love her!


No comments:
Post a Comment