CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Ups and downs

Today I was at work for about 8 hours on a day I am not supposed to work...I wish that some people were aware of what I actually do. I am not one to like attention on me or to be praised or whatever, and on the same token I take any criticism, even ill founded ones personally. It is shocking to me that a parent and school board member would not come to me or even my principal, but head straight to a superintendent with concerns and accusations that are incorrect and quite frankly really bother me. There are things that I am sure are worthy of attack, I am by no means perfect, but the things he claimed I don't do are crazy!!! Really, let's call some graduating seniors and ask them of I helped them in these areas...I spent lots of time on the phone with various colleges to help kids...that is what I aim to do everyday- help kids. I am just frustrated. It I hard not to take it personal, it is hard to feel like there is not a crusade to take my job away. I know my principal and district support me and this is just one of the things that comes with working in a smaller school district, but unfortunately knowing me there is nothing that wi remove the sting....

Hadley confines to cry when I drop her of at daycare, I am sure the not going everyday thing makes it harder for her, hopefully in two weeks when she is back on an all week schedule it will get easier; nothing is worse than walking away from a crying child....luckily the teachers are really supportive and do everything they can to make it easier. I feel like a bad mom waking away from her when she is crying, but I know she cries for a moment and once I am one she has forgotten why she is crying!

No comments:

Post a Comment