CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Reflections...

Sometimes it is really easy to look at the bad in any given situation. I am not by nature a silver lining kinda gal. I try really hard to be, but not so successfully! It would be super easy to get down or depressed because my life isn't exactly what I thought it would be. There are some things that are jusy "unfair" and no amount of complaining will change that. So I am make a decision to really try to focus on the good. After all there are tons of wonderful things to be thankful for: I have a great job, that not only enables me to single handedly support my child, but also allows me to work with kids and possibly make a small difference in their lives everyday. I have an amazing support system of friends and family, that would do anything to help me. I have a decently nice apartment with nice things, a fairly new car to drive, food to eat, a strong faith that helps me through the dark times, freedom of speech to express my
opinions, a college education, and of course the most amazing little girl ( even when she has her moments!!). I am really writing this as a reminder to myself. When you start comparing yourself to others it is easy to feel as if you come up short, but it isn't a competition ( repeating for my own sake- it ISN'T a competition).

I want to be a positive person; not just for my sake, but for Hadley's. I really am a lucky girl, even though I've had bad experiences they have all taught me something and have made me just. a little bit stronger. I am just glad I have several people in my life that runs me how lucky I am, especially in the moments when I so easily fall into the trap of throwing a pity party!

No comments:

Post a Comment