CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Big girl potty and gymnastics

Today was a big day! Lately Hadley has been increasingly aware of when she is going to the bathroom. The last few days when she has a dirty diaper she will either attempt to communicate she wants her diaper changed, or will say yes when you ask if she has poo poo or tee tee in her diaper. Today as we were playing I noticed she was going and asked her if she wanted to sit on the potty. She ran to her little potty in the bathroom, we got her pants down and she sat down, while we were a little late, I did ask her if she had to tee tee and she shook her head yes and did!! It was so exciting and so totally random. As I ran to her room to get a clean diaper she pooped on the rug next to the potty, one step at a time it looks like! She also seemed pretty interested in the big potty, so I sat her up there and she just wanted to sit there for a bit. So maybe potty training is closer than I thought. I'm not really ready to push it, just because I've heard so many time that if they aren't ready it is useless to try to successfully potty train, so I'll just follow her lead. Either way it was a pretty exciting first!

That was the highlight...we had Hadley's first gymnastics class that evening. I was really excited because I felt like it was something she could really enjoy. I had a few thoughts o things that could go wrong and pretty much they did. We got there early and she wanted to run around, and started to get fussy because I wouldn't let her. The teacher came out and called for Tiny Tots. She never introduced herself or greeted Hadley and didn't really even speak to us. There were three kids in the class as this point and we weren't even acknowledged. I didnt like that, but was still hopeful it would be great! We started at the trampolines and it was great! Hadley followed directions and did what she was supposed to do, even though I thought some of the things were expecting a lot from an 18 month old. The class ranges from 18 months to 3, so HAdley was by far the youngest. We left the trampoline and had music time. They were supposed to be doing stretches and Hadley wanted nothing to with that...at all. She was however the only
one that could march around the circle. After that it all fell apart...it's pretty much a blur or fits and screaming, and tears. It was bad, but to make matters worse the teacher did nothing to try to include Hadley- um hello, she's never done this before I think I am paying you to teach her. All eyes were definitely on us, it made me feel about an inch tall. The ultimate worst was the old lady that felt the need to tell me " you really can't control her, can you??" as I gathered our stuff. I completely lost it in the car!

It makes me feel like such a failure!! Why can't I control her?? I am hoping this push for independence is a phase. She just has never been easy. Sweet, loving, funny, smart- yes! But compliant, not so much. I love her to death and know she has to learn? But those 50 minutes were hard...I am. Of giving up, she has to learn somehow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment