CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Operation big girl bed

Last week when I went into Hadley's room I found her with one leg dangling over the front of her crib- at that moment I became obsessed with converting her crib.

Now this isn't something I mention on the blog ever, most likely because I fear judgement, but we have been co-sleeping for a while. I NEVER in a million years thought I would be saying that, but life happened. It started out of the need to have sanity!! I was a single working mom and Hadley didn't sleep though the night until well after her first birthday. It was easier to get her back to sleep while she was in my bed rather than having to go walk into her room, and honestly I liked it. I like knowing she was right there, and I liked the morning cuddles, and it made my king sizes bed not so lonely. However, I am sure there will be a day when a husband rather than my daughter will have a need to sleep on my bed, so I knew I had to get her out. Plus she moves and kicks a lot and that is just no fun!

So after naps in the crib were no longer safe, I knew the change would be good. I also concluded that I wanted to skip the toddler bed and go straight for the full size bed. She is used to a king, she needs her space; and as much as she rolls around she would wake up all the time in a smaller toddler bed.

Luckily my dad offered to bring the rails to convert the bed to me ASAP, they were being stored at his house. He also decided to buy Hadley a new mattress, how awesome is that!?!? So he came up today and set that all up. It looks pretty good I think, and Hadley seems to like it!! She is currently napping away, hopefully tonight goes just as well. I am not sure she will make it all night, but I am dedicated to making this happen. She is lucky enough to have a nice bed and her own room and she needs to use or!

No comments:

Post a Comment