Well last night Hadley slept a few hours in her bed before waking up and not going back to sleep until after 10! So we will continue to try, it will be a process I guess.
This morning I actually had to wake Hadley up, she slept well past 7:30, for some reason I had it in my mind that church was a 9, not 9:30. So we got there really early! I took advantage of the time and caught up on my devotional and has Hadley's picture updated in the system I'm pretty sure it's been I a year since we've done that! We also had some time for her to run around and play on one of the playground in the church. I left her crying at her class, knowing she would be okay in seconds...I heard a great service today comparing our hearts to soil- I really needed to hear it, then worked the parent pager. It was a good day at church.
Randomly, I had a conversation with woman in charge of parent pager at church and she asked how many kids we had. I told her I had one and it was just me. I got an "Oh..." and suddenly felt the familiar pit in my stomach that I get when people learn I am a single mom. The book I am reading, Heart of the Matter, has a single mom and there is a character that feels the same. I feel like people assume I got pregnant by mistake, that I was irresponsible, or something. I am the last to judge, I never assume anything about single mothers at all, but what people can't see is that I am a single mom outside of my choice. I can't make my husband stay when he doesn't want to. I can't control anyone but me, is my life how I wanted it to be, raising a child alone? No. But we are happy and I like to think I am doing a pretty good job. There is always more to the story than meets the eye...that's all I'm sayin!
I wanted to get Hadley home for lunch and try to fit in a short nap. Neither of those went as smoothly as I had hoped. Lunch ended up on the floor and no nap happened. It was nice out for a few hours and according to the. weather it is supposed to rain all week, so I thought we needed to do something outside. So we headed to the splash park so Hadley could play in the "wawa." She loved it and I got pretty wet myself, I always refuse to wear a swimsuit thinking I won't get wet and always regret it. Afterwards I swung by mcdonald's to get a frozen strawberry lemonade- Hadley and I are both I obsessed with all things lemonade so we shared it, or I drank most of it and let her have the last few sips, semantics!
We came home relaxed and played. Hadley has not had a nap today so I am hoping tonight goes much smoother than last night, we shall see!
Droning It In
1 day ago




No comments:
Post a Comment