CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The start of 50 questions

Hadley didn’t sleep so great last night. She was out by 5:45 which was nice and slept until about 9, it started out so well. Then about 9:15ish through 11:30 she just was restless. Nothing made her happy- it was puzzling. Finally close to midnight she finally settled down and slept the remainder of the night. I don’t know why, but that two hour stretch really wore me out. I snoozed an extra 10 minutes today and had a really hard time getting up this morning. Hadley didn’t want to wake up either, she has been going through a clingy phase where she wants me to hold her a lot lately, and in the mornings when we are rushing to get out the door- it makes things a little hard, but we manage.

On a completely different note, Neely over at A Complete Waste of Make-Up (http://www.acompletewasteofmakeup.com), recently posted a list of 50 questions that would “free your mind.” I really liked the idea, so I thought I would try it out. However, I am going to space it out over several days (most likely 10- 5 questions per day). Here are the first five:

1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? This is a tough one, if I based it on how I am often perceived to be I would say 18. I can’t tell you how many times during a given week one of my coworkers mistake me for a senior. Only once in my entire life have I not been carded. I often feel like an older soul, but not like an old lady, so like 35. My life is pretty settled. I have a great job, a baby and a pretty steady routine. It is what it is- bedtime at 9, sure I will take it!

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? My biggest fear in life if failure, but in my recent years, it has been clear that never trying is FAR worse than failing. I mean there are so many opportunities you might miss out on if you never try. So what if you fail, character is developed in those moments in which you decide how you are going to deal with that failure

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? This is easy, because we are creatures of habit. For example I know it isn’t good for me to drink a few dr. peppers a day and no water, but it’s just what I do- it takes too much work to change it. We are also afraid of the unknown, so it’s a lot safer to have a list of things you would love to do, but not actually take the next step to do them. In both instances it takes an individual making a conscious choice and following though, and for most of us it is that follow that usually leads us to drop the ball.

4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? That is a tough one too. I am pretty proud of the things I have done. I am a goal setter and not often do I set a goal and not set it. My career is evidence of this. There aren’t many people that get through college in three years and start teaching at 21. Furthermore, I am one of the youngest counselors I have come across, mostly because it requires two year of teaching, plus graduate school and most 20 somethings just don’t do things that quickly. I have lots of faults, but I do think that I stick to what I say I am going to do…does that even answer this question???


5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? I am not a person that is really in touch with current events. It is sad and awful and irresponsible- I know. I shouldn’t get my news from a radio personality (Kidd Kraddick- thanks for keeping me informed), but I do. That makes this question hard for me…let’s see I think I would change the way health care is administered in this country- I don’t know a whole lot about the details, but as a hardworking professional, I know that I pay a lot for insurance on top of a lot for care, and I am a professional, I can only imagine what type of medical jams the everyday working class citizen is in…

No comments:

Post a Comment