CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Monday, January 9, 2012

One year check up

Today was a cold and rainy day- yuck! Hadley woke up at 5:30 this morning, I should have known that this would foreshadow her mood later. Once I was out of the shower all she wanted was for me to hold her, it was pathetic! The fourth picture below PERFECTLY captures her mood, it cracks me up.

I knew I would have to leave work early this afternoon to take Hadley to the doctor, so it made for a busy, yet productive morning! Despite the rain we made it to the doctor right on time.

First up they weighed Hadley, truly the first sign she isn't a baby anymore, she walked up to and stood on the scale! She weighed a whopping 22 pounds,nearly in the seventy fifth percentile, I was a chunky baby- so I know she gets this from me. She measured at 28.5 inches, this was her biggest jump- in the 25 percentile, and her head was 18 inches (75th percentile). We discussed her shift to milk, the doctor suggested uping her intake half an ounce per serving weekly, so this week we will bump up to 4 oz milk to 4 oz formula- and see what happens. I was so happy to hear she was cleat of an eat infection, this rarely happens at her well baby appointments! Other than that, she is right on schedule, but everyone seemed impressed she was walking, now if only she would start talking. She is very good at communicating her needs, just not great at verbalizing it. However, I have a feeling once she starts talking she won't stop- so perhaps I should be careful what I wish for!

When we got home we played, I cooked king ranch chicken and Spanish rice for me and chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and yogurt for Hadley. Then we played some more. Hadley's favorite thing is to run and have me "chase" her, she likes to hide behind doors, close doors, and just run around like a crazy woman! This week I have been bathing Hadley without her bath seat, at one year old, I feel like she has finally outgrown it. For the most part she is pretty good at staying seated, but she is still learning. I get really nervous about her and water so for a while there is only gonna be about 3-4 inches of water in the tub!

There wasn't much time for naps today, plus after three shots (which did not even make Hadley cry AT ALL), she was passed out by 5:30- good thing because this weather makes me lazy and it feels good to relax and watch tv, I have a lot of reality tv to catch up on!

No comments:

Post a Comment