I went to the cardiologist yesterday. On top of my blood pressure concerns, I've been having some chest pains lately. Since the whole blood pressure issue has been exactly that, an issue, for a whole year I worry. I am so afraid that something is wrong, partial for my own sake, but mostly because I am scared about what if something happened to me while Hadley and I were here alone. Saying I'm worried about that is an understatement- anytime I feel off, or have a head ache, or get a slightly high blood pressure reading I panic; I assume the worst. Which doesn't help the Bp at all, it's a vicious cycle. When I started feeling the chest pains, I was convinced it was time to do something, just in case. So I made the earliest appointment I could get.
I had an EKG, a sonogram, and a stress test all right there in the office. The stress test worried me, running is just something I do not do, but I managed to survive it, while swapping life stories with the tech, amazing the people you meet!
Anyway after my tests, I saw the doctor who said everything looked normal, there was NOTHING wrong with my heart. Now I am sure once insurance clears, I will be paying a pretty penny for those tests, BUT I would pay a million dollars for the sense of relief it gave me. Literally I can stop my overacting imagination from playing out hundreds of awful scenarios. Here's hoping my health stays on the up and up- I have a very energetic one year old to chase after!
Hadley by the way, has been having a blast at school. It's a whole new world for her to be walking around her classroom! Everyday we come home and play with her new toys, we still haven't gotten to play with everything yet, guess someone is a tad bit spoiled!
Droning It In
1 day ago




No comments:
Post a Comment