CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fresh start

I woke up today feeling like it was time for a fresh start. I don't know why, but I am ready to put the past behind me and move on. It's hard to believe that it's been almost an entire year since I've filled for divorce. This week I've really been pondering my future.

For as long as I can remember I consistently am attracted to jerks. What really gets me is it's almost always a noticeable cockiness that makes me interested. THIS NEVER ENDS WELL. It is time for me to get that through my stubborn little head. I can't fix or change another human being, nor should that be a reason for me to pursue a relationship. People don't change, and while people are skilled at hiding their true self, there are always sign or ways that they are clearly showing you who they are.

So what? Am I on some quest to find the much sought after Mr. Right? No, not even close. I feel fairly confident that I am not qualified to pick a match for myself. I am just going to be open to whatever comes my way. When I go out searching I can feel myself settling, and that my friends, will not happen again. So I feel good about where I am today. I am sufficiently over the drama and crap that transpired in my marriage and I am ready to have a new drama free, hopefully less stressful life- in whatever way is planned for me and Hadley.

With a clean slate, a clear head and heart- I am taking the first step towards a better, stronger, and of course happier Megan- starting now!

No comments:

Post a Comment