CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Hadley Grace is 13 months old!


Now that we have hit the year mark, each month milestone doesn’t seem as significant. I am pretty thankful that I don’t have to wrestle with Hadley and her monthly sticker that she for reason confuses for a delicious snack. However, for my own sake and to keep up the tradition, you know how we Aggies love the traditions; here are some highlights of the past month.
• Hadley slept through the night once, and for an 8 hour stretch a couple times (yay!)
• We have fully transitioned from formula to milk and only use a bottle at bed time
• She has reached the age where I can take her in a restaurant and order her something off the menu to eat- her personal favorites appear to be any kind of soup; which works for me because I am a HUGE fan of soup
• She has tried lots of new foods and hasn’t seemed to find anything she doesn’t like. She might have a slight aversion to spicy, a few times she has seemed bothered by spice, but other times not, and so if could just be a coincidence. I am hoping so, as I like spicy foods!
• Her hair is long and I am trying out pigtails for the time being- it is adorable, but her response to my attempt to do this every morning is not so cute- but I am not one to back down to a challenge, so every morning we have the same fight- eventually she will realize I am NOT trying to pull her hair out. We are two stubborn girls, I am having a power of the wills with my 13 month old- I can only imagine how this will go the next 18 years!
• She has learned to like water, she went from throwing a sippy cup full of water on the ground, to actually sucking it down
• She has gotten a third tooth with the fourth on the way- it really is taking its sweet time. This means fever and a cranky baby more often than I like.
• She is the caretaker of her class, she like to make sure everyone is okay all the time- this includes giving everyone a hug and a kiss
• She loves to blow kisses and does so to every single person she meets…
• She is a pointer, we are working on this- pointing isn’t always so nice
• We no longer are using the bath seat and it seems FINALLY she has grasped the concept of SITTING in the bath tub (as opposed to crawling, walking, etc).
• She still loves Yo, Gabba, Gabba and it sure does make our morning routine a lot easier
• She loves to play peek a boo, and if I ever say where is Hadley, she will cover her eyes and then “peek-a-boo” and giggle
• The loves patty cake and head, shoulders, knees, and toes- and can do hand motions to both
• She can make sounds like a duck, puppy, cow, and horse- sure they aren’t perfect, but you get the drift
• She has a recent interest in books; she pulls a book of her shelf, hands it to me, sits and my lap and actually will let me read the ENTIRE book. I am beyond EXCITED about this (the English teacher in me will never die!)

Overall, as I have said before she is just growing and changing every day. I recently created a photo book on Shutterfly documenting her first year. It is so funny to look at how much older and bigger she is than she was this day a year ago. Conversely it is pretty interesting to look at photos from her first week and to look at her now- when she is sleeping she looks the exact same way: beautiful, peaceful, and perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment