
This morning was easy. Hadley seemed to be in a good mood, we had time to play a little, do pigtails, and even managed to leave a little bit early. I even put all my dirty clothes in the washer so I could start that right when I got home this afternoon.The day rolled along just fine- at 10:50 I grabbed my purse ready to run to a quick doctor's appointment with my blood pressure doctor. As I was walking out a student stopped me with a message. Hadley's daycare had called- I knew this wasn't a good sign, they never call just to say hi. Evidently Hadley had a 101 temperature and had been fussy all morning. The earliest I could get her in was 3, so that had to do.
On my way home I found myself wrapped up in some drama with my ex-husband. It caught me off guard an at a time I was already in an emotional tissy, having a sick baby can do that to you! So that was just another unexpected bump in the road...so of course I find myself crying; this seems to happen anytime "unplanned or unexpected" thing happen- I'll blamed type A personality for that one.
Anyway I fed Hadley lunch, she took a nap and then we headed to the doctor.
We literally waited over an hour in room of sick kids, if Hadley wasn't sick before- it seems a sure thing she would be now. She had a slight fever, but everything checked out okay-so we are calling it a virus and watching her. It's really bizarre, she was perfectly cheery and fine all day. Maybe it's just teething?!?! Either way she can't go to daycare tomorrow since she won't be fever free for 24 hours, so to Nana's house she will go...
So for your viewing pleasure, here is Hadley. I have one vain daughter, she loves looking at pictures of herself and smiling at herself in the mirror, add to the list she has the white girl sickness of loving to take self portraits- oh boy!


No comments:
Post a Comment