CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Monday, March 26, 2012

A weekend full of doctors...

This weekend was not exactly what one would call fun; productive seems more fitting. My parents came into town this weekend, mostly because I had to take Hadley to an ENT on Friday afternoon, and wanted someone to come with me, just in case there was some sort of in office procedure or whatever. We had to drive to Plano, which on a Friday afternoon took a little longer than normal. As soon as we got to the office, we got called back. We met with an audiologist who did some hearing tests on Hadley. It was kind of bizarre. We sat in a room with speakers and these creepy drum playing dogs, and she would make a sound come across the speakers hoping Hadley would look in the right direction- it was just a little strange, and I can only imagine what Hadley thought was going on. They said her hearing was fine, which is great, but I wasn’t worried about her hearing (until the moment they told me they were going to test it!). We then had to wait to see the doctor, which meant entertaining Hadley, which got a little taxing. Finally when we went back we were told tubes would be in her best interest, and that we should go on a schedule that surgery now; however, the scheduler was out, so I will be doing that this morning. We also got some Nasonex for her allergies, I haven’t even tried that yet- I dread attempting to give her nose spray…

Saturday we woke up with plans to go to the cemetery in Athens, where my stepdad’s parents are buried. We planned on leaving the house early and getting a good start, so we could have a relaxing afternoon, and I could meet up with some friends for a birthday later that night. That was the plan. However, I had a bump that had swollen up to the size of a ping pong ball on my chest right by my arm. Saturday morning, it was huge and disgusting looking. I had to go somewhere to get it looked at; it was just painful and looked really bad. So we went to Athens first, and then headed to an urgent care clinic in Forney. Hadley was hungry so we actually went to Chili’s for lunch first. The clinic didn’t have too long of a wait which was good, I am glad to know that place is there so close to home in case of a minor emergency. The doctor said he would have to open it up and that it would hurt, and he wasn’t lying. They first had to inject the area with something to numb it, that hurt more than anything I can remember at this moment. It was AWFUL; the doctor told me I looked really pale and needed to breathe. Finally it was numb and he opened it up, drained it and dug around in there for what seemed like hours. Finally he packed it with gauze and told me I would have to do that until it healed, and that it would hurt. He gave me an antibiotic and pain medication. I decided not to fill the pain medications, for several reasons, so hopefully I can manage. I had a c-section and NEVER took one pain pill, this can’t be worse than that…

That numbing stuff had a weird affect on me and I felt light headed and just off for the rest of the evening, pretty shortly after Hadley went to bed, so did I. Sunday we went to church and heard such an awesome message, one that I really just needed to hear, went to lunch, and told my parents good bye. Hadley and I took a 45 minute nap, and then played outside. There was a little boy there that was narrating every move Hadley took, it was kind of funny. Then we went in for dinner and a bath. As I was rocking Hadley to sleep, she sat up, looked at me and puked all over me. I stayed calm, and just kind of frozen, because I wasn’t sure that she was done. When I thought she was I wiped her off, put her down and quickly ran to peel off my puke soaked clothes. While I was doing that she threw up three more times all over the living room. So I picked her up, took her to the bathroom and held her over the sink, while the last of the contents of her stomach came up. I finally washed us both up, and eventually got her to sleep. I am not sure why she threw up, I think she is like me…I throw up a lot, and like me it doesn’t seem to faze her, she didn’t even cry. I think she ate a lot of different foods, she drank a lot of milk, ran around in the heat, and all of those things together just don’t mix well.

What a weekend, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment