I have recently hit a milestone in repayment of my debt. I am not going to disclose just how much date my ex-husband and I accumulated, because it is A LOT and it makes me SICK. However, in 2008 the week before we got married, I decided it was time to do something to eliminate debt; I wanted to pay it off before we had a family (the best laid plans, right?). As soon as I graduated from A&M Bank of America gave me not one but two lines of credit with a pretty high limit. I was just credit card happy, to say to the least. The silver lining to this, is I am thankful I learned this lesson early on, because I will be able to turn 30 with absolutely NO credit card debt- how awesome is that??? I am down to 11 months of paying off debt, in 11 months; I will feel rich because nearly 1/3 of my paycheck will stay in my account, rather than going to creditors. I am just feeling really good about it. I am going to be smart and turn a large chunk of that monthly payment into a savings account for Hadley, so hopefully when she goes to college, I will have a pretty good amount saved up…that is the plan, I am not so good at sticking to those types of plans, as is obvious that I have a 14 month old and am still paying debt…oh well, it all works out in the end.
On another note, since I have returned from my conference, the other counselor in my office has evidently decided I am the enemy. We are on day three of not talking. It is really uncomfortable for me, because 1. It is just the two of us is here most of the time, and it is painfully obvious that there is friction and 2. I don’t like feeling the tension, I want people to like me, darn it! I just don’t get it. It is senseless and stupid, so I am not going to bend over backwards to fix it either…I just don’t like unnecessary stress. I mean I for the life me don’t get it…
Hadley didn’t want to go to sleep until after 8 last night, but still was ready to get up at 5:30…I hope she understands that spring break is coming up and mommy does not want to get up at 5:30 every single day! I felt bad yesterday, she was at day care for a long time, she was the only one there when I got her a 6:12, but she was playing with bubbles and seemed to be having fun. It was after 7 when we got home, and then had to dinner and a bath, it was just rushed and we had no play time. I hate that. It’s hard to do it all, but sometimes it just has to be that way- I mean I have a lot to juggle: a full time job, a baby, church obligations, working out, playing and reading with Hadley- well all things Hadley…it’s just a lot and sometimes there is a lot going on. I just have to tell myself that those days are few and far in between and hope that squelches my guilt!
Or on nights like last night, after rushing around and stressing trying to get out the door for bible study...the sleepy clingy baby that just wants me to hold her, reminds me to slow down, and change my plans...she needed me and it's my job to be there.
Droning It In
1 day ago







No comments:
Post a Comment