You know what I think it probably one of the worst habits/traits a person can have lying. I am not talking about the occasional white lie you tell your mom when she asks if she looks fat in something, although I am even honest in those occasions. I mean the type of lying that is compulsive, hurtful, purposeful, deceitful lying. I just don’t get it. It is often times more difficult to lie and then remember the stories you have told to retell them later. I just know that in my life and in my profession, I have developed a strong intolerance for liars. I think that being honest is in the top 5 character traits I hope I can genuinely teach Hadley. It is a simple thing that makes a big difference, most notably, people know they can count on you and also know that when you do say you will do something, or won’t do something, that you are actually telling the truth, you know? It just bothers me how easy it is for people to lie, some over small unimportant things, and others over things that matter- important things. It is hard sometimes to know who to believe, there are lots of motivations for bending the truth, and that is where it gets tricky. Here is the bottom line: I am hoping a I raise a child SMART enough to understand the consequences of lying and more importantly to understand the value in being a good honest person.
Now that I have that off my chest...I started working out at the gym today. I got a 30 day trial membership for $8, and it's right by Hadley's day care so it's perfect! I put in about an hour, which is about all I could take after not working out in forever. I really need to do this for me, to feel good and to look good. We shall see how I feel in the morning!
I took Hadley to play for a bit before dinner today, she just loves running around chasing her shadow and the weather has been gorgeous!!
Droning It In
1 day ago







No comments:
Post a Comment