This weekend is Hadley's weekend to be with her father's family, so I have a weekend to myself. Usually, I make sure to have plans so I am too busy to miss Hadley, but after the week I had, I just really wanted some me time. I wasn't alone for a moment it seemed last week and was craving time to relax and not have a single plan. I have managed to make it to the gym twice, get some Easter shopping done, and am hoping to finish Mini Shopaholic; it's been way too long since I've taken time to read. Also as luck would have it, all the movie channels are free this weekend, so I am filling my DVR with lots of movies.
All this alone time also gives me time to think. Think about all kinds of things- things that in my otherwise busy life, never really have time to enter my mind. I guess what I want to share are some lessons I've learned in my life, you know just for grins...
• It is vital to have girlfriends that have seen ever side of you, and regardless of how much time passes without seeing each other, are there to listen to you cry at your worst and there to cheer you on during the good times. I am lucky to have several wonderful girls in my life!
•Family love is unconditional, no matter what they are there for you, I know tho as a daughter and as a mother
• intuition is a powerful thing; if you have a feeling someone is lying or cheating, then they probably are
•Lying makes everything complicated, the truth is infinitely easier!
• God uses the lowest moments in your life to remind you how awesome He really is
• No person is worth the time and energy wasted by being sad/mad/miserable all the time
• People don't always do what I think they should
• songs that I loved in high school ironically become so much more meaningful now that I have more life experience. Think about that one, I bet it's true for you too!
• reality tv makes everything better!
•Name brands aren't nearly as important as I once thought they were, especially when talking about groceries!
• credit cards are the devil, a young 21 year old girl has no business carrying around several!
• sleep is amazing, especially naps!
• My metabolism and love affair with all things salty will eventually catch up with me!
• Being a mom is incredibly rewarding, but somedays it can be really hard! As it turns out it can still be hard when your child is an adult...
•While it comes naturally to me to dwell on the bad stuff or the irritating things, it makes for a happier much less complicated life to let it go- don't sweat the small stuff.
• People can change, but some people just don't...know the difference between a change and just a wolf in sheep's clothing!
•Having a job you loves makes life so much better!!!
•It isn't so bad living alone...
• I am a dog person, I need a dog back in my life pronto! There is nothing like the compassion and love expressed from a dog!
•Cooking can actually be fun, there is something satisfying about cooking for my family!
•Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself, sometimes you may be the only one that will!
• Fear can make you do things you never imagined you would
•Be prepared for situations in which you can only rely on yourself; everything can change in the blink of an eye!
•As much as I love Dr. Pepper, it is not a good fountain drink- on these situations Coke is the only option!
• God puts the people you need in you life exactly when you need them'n
• Sometimes you just have to have faith!
Droning It In
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment