It really was a good weekend. I got to see several friends and had an absolute blast! I also got to go to a conference with fun coworkers. I learned a lot, and had great company- you can't beat that! At the conference I learned a lot about cyber bullying: the laws, the effects, and things we can do to help these victims. One of the most powerful things I saw this weekend, was a video a kid made that showed the pain one 8th grade boy felt- he had been bullied since 1st grade. He had attempted suicide. It is so completely heart breaking as educator and so scary as a parent. Kids can be AWFUL and it seems with the Internet, people are saying things they would never say to a person's face. Something needs to be done; so many kids are hurting, are broken, are contemplating and succeeding at suicide...something has to be done!
On a much lighter note, I had a quasi celebrity siting at church this weekend. Neil, from Most Eligible Dallas on Bravo, came by the parent pager to check in her son major. She actually came to the girl next to, but I recognized her as soon as he said her son was named Major. I told the girl I was with ad she asked her and she said that yes she was on the show....pretty exciting stuff.
After I picked up Hadley we played outside. She made lots of friends as 3 different kids came out there while we were playing. My apartment has a small playground, and Hadley seemed to enjoy it. Now that the weather is nice I imagine we will be out there quite a bit! When we got inside we played with her books and new Cabbage Patch doll that my friend Farrah got her. It's a cute doll and it was born the same day as Hadley's boyfriend Landon- so it is perfect!! Hadley kept trying to get in the doll stroller, I don't get that- she never wants in her own roomy stroller, but a tiny stroller for baby dolls tickles her fancy?!?! Silly girl!
Droning It In
1 day ago










No comments:
Post a Comment