It is just going to be one of those weeks I can already tell. We had STARR testing yesterday and again today, and that in of itself, makes it chaos. I am luckily not having to give the test, but did have to sit with “overflow” testers for 2 hours yesterday. On top of testing, we are in the middle of scheduling, 15 minutes don’t go by without someone coming to my office with a question; it is just super busy. Oh and let’s not forget the parents that are coming to enroll their kids, I have to do all their intake paperwork, request records from their old school, and get them a schedule- it is just a tad overwhelming at times. Yesterday was a LOOOONG day. I also had to go do some homebound teaching yesterday afternoon. The county in which I teach, has lots of county roads, in fact EVERY SINGLE road it seems is a county road in the middle of nowhere. Last week I got lost, so I got better directions this time, and I still managed to get lost. Luckily her grandfather had a wrecking company up the road and he led me right to her house. I was just thinking it is a good thing I work in a small town, where people are nice and helpful!
After we did some math and talked about her classes for next year, it was time for me to go get Hadley. I had a hard time getting her in the car; she actually went running across the parking lot- that was fun. Lesson learned, never allow Hadley to walk to the car, even if she is holding my hand. Once I wrangled her up, she bucked and fought getting in the car seat; really and truly it is what I imagine calf roping to be like trying to get her in the car seat. She is a pro at using her body to fight me…I mean seriously! Finally we made it home and were almost 45 minutes behind schedule, so I was certain bedtime would be a breeze, I mean surely she would just fall asleep. Oh no, it was almost 9 when she decided to stop fighting me and go to sleep. That is what I get for being snarky and telling a friend Hadley better not ever be up at 8…karma, it comes around every time!
After the longest day ever, it was time to go to bed, I didn’t even make it through any of my shows on DVR…oh well, we both got a good night’s sleep, so that is a trade off I will take! This morning, Hadley just looked so cute. My BFF Tara love to go to garage sales, which I love because she always gets Hadley the cutest stuff, like the dress she wore to church Sunday, the romper pictured in yesterday’s pictures, and this cute yellow top- I have been waiting for a warm day to put it on her. She looks so grown up in her top with her denim shorts and jelly shoes…
Droning It In
1 day ago




No comments:
Post a Comment