As I mentioned earlier this week, Hadley has thrush. We got her medication Tuesday afternoon. I wasn’t sure what the day care’s policy was on administering medicine, but this morning they told me they absolutely could not give ANY medicine. Since Hadley has to have this stuff FOUR times a day, for 14 days…it pretty much means she has to have at least once dose while at school. This means I have to go
As I walked into school Hadley was so happy to see me, she thought it was time to go home, man I felt bad about what I was actually there for. Hadley has had the misfortune of getting sick a few times already and used to take medicine like a champ. Then I started having to give her saline nose drops. She HATES that stuff with a passion. So now anytime I go to give her ANY medicine she puts her hands up and squirms around. She may only be 20 pounds, but she is strong and strong willed, not a good combination. So when we are at home I literally have to restrain her by pretty much lying on top of her to get these drops in her mouth- FOUR times a day.
Anyway, as I get ready to give her the medicine at school, I’m wondering how I am going to do this. I mean I don’t think my restraining methods look that great to onlookers…so I am sort of thinking I can’t do that. So I try several different ways to get her to take it and none work. Finally one of her teachers offers to help me and she holds her hands down and we get her to take it. She is fussy and sleepy at this point and really clingy to me. Oh boy, see this is what I feared. Now she is going to start screaming, because mommy has to go back to work. It is going to be a long 14 days on this medicine.
When I picked her up, I gave her the third dose in the car, and she actually decided she liked it, so perhaps it will get easier…but I know she won’t really like the whole me leaving her there twice in a day thing…
When we got home we played…it is crazy to me hold grown up she is looking. I mean look at these pictures. Her daycare teachers made her a mum for homecoming last week, so here are some pictures of Hadley attempting to eat it!!
Droning It In
1 day ago






No comments:
Post a Comment